THIS DEAL IS NOW EXPIRED
Instead of the
80000 points you can receive 30000 points as a bonus on sign up…
The Qantas American Express® Premium Card
The new joint promotion from Qantas and American Express gives Australians considering purchasing a credit card a great way to start the new year. This is definitely one of the best credit cards in 2016 for points.
80,000bonus Qantas Points when you apply by 29 February 2016 when you are approved and meet the spend amount
- NOW 30000 POINTS
- $3000 spend in the first 3 months to receive the points
- Supplementary Cards have a $0 annual Card fee so you can earn up to 4 times the Qantas frequent flyer points on a single account
- The amount of Qantas Points you can earn is uncapped with a current and good standing account
- Travel insurance remains complimentary for International and domestic travellers
- Enjoy 2 complimentary Qantas Club lounge passes each year after your first Card spend on selected Qantas products and services
- Up to 2 Qantas Points can be earnt per $1 spent on eligible purchases
- 0% p.a. on balance transfers in the first 12 months
- Establishment fee of 1% applies to any balances transferred in a one off credit plan
- Only new American Express Card Members can be eligible for this offer
- Annual fee of $249 AUD
Before you apply for your Qantas American Express Premium Card, take a look at the criteria for eligibility below:
- I am aged over 18
- I am an Australian citizen or permanent resident or hold a current Business Long Stay Visa (457)
- I have a personal gross (pre-tax) annual income of $40,000 or more
- I have no history of bad debt or payment default
- If self-employed, I have been trading for at least 18 months, or 12 months if I hold an existing American Express issued Card
Where can I go with 80000 points?
80000 points can take you along way. Below are some possible destinations. You can also use points and pay to cover part of your fare on European or US flights. Visit www.qantas.com to view all possible destinations.
Economy – Sydney to Tokyo: 72,000 points return
Business Class – Brisbane/Sydney to Auckland: 72,000 points return
Economy – Brisbane/Sydney to Singapore: 65,000 points return
Business Class – Brisbane to Melbourne: 48,000 points return
Economy – Brisbane/Sydney to Hong Kong: 56,000 points return
This card is tailored toward frequent travellers with the Qantas lounge benefits and travel insurance bonuses. The main requirement for this card is that you’re earning over $40,000 per year. There is a $249 annual fee so is it worth it?
Let’s take a closer look at some of the features…
Purchases at major grocery stores and fuel stations you will earn 2 points per dollar on the card. Qantas products or services will give you the same 2:1 return. This means you can double dip and earn Qantas frequent flyer points for both the flight and the purchase of the flight. For other eligible purchases a 1:1 ratio is in place, and 0.5 points per one dollar for utilities, governments and the ATO transactions.
Users will need to spend $3000 in the first 3 months to receive the 80000 points. Also by spending on your first qantas product or service you will receive an additional 2500 points.
Users can request up to 4 supplimentary cards at cost free so family members and earn points faster on purchases also. This is great news as this card has no points cap!
One of perks of Qantas American Express Premium Card is that you will receive two complimentary entry passes to the Qantas lounge per year. These invitations can be used at any Qantas domestic of international lounge except for the shared LAX lounge. This can be a refreshing experience before and during long flights for you and someone else.
Amex insurance benefits also come with the card. This travel cover includes baggage, documents cover, medical emergency expenses, transport accidental cover and other benefits.
- Medical Emergency Expenses Cover up to $2,500,000
- Transport Accident Cover up to $200,000
- Travel Cancellation Cover up to $7,500
- Baggage, Money and Documents Cover up to $5,000
- Travel Inconvenience Insurance up to $200 if your flight departure is delayed
For frequent flyer points this is one of the best credit cards in 2016 and provides superb value for people who enjoy travelling. By paying for your everyday expenses with this Qantas and American Express Premium Card you can gain well over 100 000 points in 2016 and use this towards your next Qantas holiday flight. Credit Cards should always be treated with care and only be purchased by those who are financially stable and disciplined.
Optimise Travel will be reviewing all major credit cards brands in an upcoming article. The ‘best credit cards in 2016’ will be compared and contrasted by our team so that you can make informed decisions.
*We aim to provide up to date content and information but care should always be taken when purchasing products from retailers. If any information provided is no longer correct then please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or post in the comments section
* For further information please visit American Express and view their PDS statement here